We started an experiment this March to monitor the check-ins at eleven Starbucks stores in Orchard area. Today, I’m happy to share some findings:
- There are in total 2,910 check-ins in 75 days since March 23
- On average total 37 check-ins at 11 stores daily
- Daily 3-4 check-ins on average per store
- 95.5% (2,780) check-ins are from Foursquare
- The Cathay Starbucks store received most check-ins (1,040, 35.74%)
- More check-ins on weekends, the highest number of check-ins observed on Saturdays
- The peak period for check-ins is between 4pm to 9pm
- 17% are returning users
It’s not a scientific study but more an exploration to see the adoption of check-in services in Singapore. As seen from this study, check-in usage is low in Singapore and there is so far few campaign utilizing check-in services in Singapore. But, if the profile of targeted customers fits into active check-in service users, this also presents an opportunity for brands who’d like to be perceived as a bold and creative brand.
You can subscribe to our white paper here and you will receive more information via email.